Football - Ashok Bandyopadhyay || Poetry || Poems

 Football

Ashok Bandyopadhyay



I am for all --footbal -- football.

Wandering here and there

At the feet of the players

Traversing all ground like greyhound

As if a traveller or a steam roller.

They carry me forward and back and side,

Running and running, overlapping and dribbling.

I can't take rest,they receive me on chest

And shoot to the goal where goalkeeper stands.

He catches me in his adept hand or throw me away,

Or any opponent striker place me in net

With a strong blow--either high or low.

And all spectators,crowd shout with joy roar.


I am for all, I am for none

Except who knows well to keep me attached

To his feet or in trusty hands

In danger or fun in joyous amusement.

I am football -- king of all plays.

Whether Pele or Maradona

Became famous for me all days.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

শারদীয়া সংখ্যা ১৪৩০ || সম্পাদকীয় ও সূচিপত্র || World Sahitya Adda Sarod sonkha 1430

TATA Steel Job Recruitment 2024 || টাটা স্টিল কোম্পানিতে নতুন করে 6000 শূন্যপদে কর্মী নিয়োগ || TATA company job

মাধ্যমিক পাশেই ভালো মাইনের চাকরি,জলের ট্যাঙ্কি দেখাশোনার স্থায়ী কাজ || Jal Jeevan Mission Registration 2024